My whole spirit is currently wiggling in glee. This is so because this afternoon, I was phoned by the chairman of the Komisyon ng Wikang Filipino (KWF), Mr. Ricardo Nolasco, and was informed that I landed third place in the recently concluded Gawad Komisyon 2007 - the first ever literary tilt in the Philippines in 11 languages.
Naturally, I entered the Kapampangan category. Under it, there is only one subcategory: poesya (poetry). I titled my poetry collection Ing Pamiakit Ming Miyindu (Our Meeting, Mother and Child). I actually misspelled my entry's title; I indicated Pamiyikit instead of Pamiakit, and it wasn't until I submitted my papers that I realized my error.
These are the poems included in my collection:
- Pun A Matua (Tree of Old)
- Ligligan Pangadi (The Prayer Contest)
- Sanu Ing Matimbang: Ing Milabas o Ing Bukas? (Which Matters More: The Past or the Future?)
- Karing Bungang Pasuku na Lulut (For Fruits About to Fully Ripen)
- Dumulung Ka (Go Buy)
- Ing Anak a Tagak (The Little Egret)
- Manukluan (Squatter)
- Atin Ku Pung Singsing 2 (I Had A Ring 2)